REASONS FOR INVESTING IN SWELLENDAM
Excellent opportunities exist for light industry, manufacturing, agri-processing and tourism – especially in the hotel and sports/leisure activity sector.
Swellendam offers a safe and secure lifestyle with good schools and municipal services.
Swellendam is nestled halfway between Cape Town and George (220km from each on the N2).
- Suid Sentral Kooperasie (agri-coop)
- Southern Oil (canola oil and products)
- Falcon Inflatables & Infanta Inflatables (boat builders)
Swellendam has four (4) major banks, West FNB, ABSA, STANDARD BANK and NEDBANK. Our two smaller banks include CAPITEC and AFRICAN BANK.
For information on business registrations and protecting your intellectual property visit the Companies and Intellectual Property commission website on http://www.cipc.co.za/
Visit the Government Portal for information on business incentives on http://www.investmentincentives.co.za/
- Swellendam is serviced by the N2 National Road, linking to Cape Town in the west and George to the east.
- The R60 heading north west links to Robertson, Worcester and the Winelands, while the R324 east of Swellendam links north east to the famous R62 through Suurbraak and Barrydale.
- The R319 links south through Bredasdorp to the southern tip of Africa at Cape Agulhas.
- Swellendam is served by a main freight rail line, but no passenger rail services currently operate.
- Swellendam benefits from a listed airfield with significant development potential, just 5km from the town and adjacent to the Bontebok National Park.
STATISTICS OF SWELLENDAM MUNICIPAL DISTRICT
Matric Pass Rate
Gr 12 Drop-out Rate
Human Development Index
Primary Healthcare Facilities
Maternal Mortality Ratio (Per 100 000 live births)
Teenage Pregnancies: Delivery rate to women U/18
SAFETY & SECURITY
ACCESS TO BASIC SERVICE DELIVERY
Road User Fatalities
Increasing population & demand for services
Stagnating Economic Growth
LARGEST 3 SECTORS
Contribution to GDP, 2015
Finance, Insurance, Real Estate
Wholesale & retail trade, Catering & Accommodation
Agriculture, Forestry & Fishing